Slider

Ecrins, France New York, United States Italy, Sardenia Copenhagen, Denmark Kruger National Park, South Africa

Thursday, February 6, 2014

United States : Visit of San Diego

California... yeah! The first things that come to my mind when I hear this word is sun, beaches and surf. Well, even though it was in the middle of January I still got to enjoy my stay in San Diego.



I only had one day so I had to find what to do. I first started with Coronado. I enjoyed the view of San Diego's skyline and decided to take the ferry to Convention Center which was about 5$ (http://www.flagshipsd.com/coronado-ferry). This took me directly to the historic heart of San Diego : the Gaslamp Quarter which is nowadays well-known for it's night life. As it was only 01.00PM I decided to keep walking along the water and passed by the Seaport village. This small village with its narrow streets has mostly shops and restaurants.
I kept on walking and arrived at the USS Midway Museum. This old aircraft carrier is really worth the stop as you can imagine what would be the life inside of the giant of the seas. On the deck you can see all kind of planes and choppers.



Afterwards I probably made one of my worst decision. I decided to walk to mission beach as it didn't seem to far on the city map I received at the tourist office near the USS Midway. Well, about 1,5 hour later I finally got to Ocean Beach and afterwards to Mission beach. Even though I regretted my decision I was rewarded by a beautiful sunset. These two beached were exactly what I had in mind for the West coast : beaches, surfers and piers. My day ended there where I went to eat and drink at the Sandbar Sportsbar & Grill (http://www.sandbarsportsgrill.com/) where we had a good meal with a view on the Mission Beach Roller-coaster.


I had booked at the Padre Trail Inn Old Town. It was all I needed for one night, the room and bathroom were alright. However, I was a little disapointed by the continental breakfast which wasn't as big and diversified as it seemed on the website.

The next morning I went to La Jolla neighborhood a little noth of the city. It's probably my favorite place. Of course it's also one of the most expansive neighborhood of the State. Well I've known worst landscapes... Near the high cliffs we could spot some seals resting next to the paddlers.



This was the last stop of my San Diego citytrip. I really enjoyed visiting this sunny and friendly city and hope to be back soon to visit the Old Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment